[CLUE-Tech] Help with remote backup problem

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Wed Jun 2 08:19:24 MDT 2004

I don't know how many clients you have to back up, but you might
consider arkeia (www.arkeia.org). Arkeia Lite is a 'free' version which
allows up to three or four clients, I believe.  I use it for my network
(~30 backed up machines) and it works pretty well.  I use the lite
version in a few places too, and it works like a charm - restoring is EASY.

If you want a simple, command-line interface with a LOT more reliability
than TAR, you can use BRU.  It's fast, works well, allows for
tape-spanning (if you are there changing 'em) and is very easy to use.

Adam