[CLUE-Tech] IMAP vs POP

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Thu Jun 3 21:10:33 MDT 2004

I have been wondering if I should try IMAP again.  Last time I tried it,
it gave me weird errors (on Mozilla) like "that folder doesn't exist on
the server" or something.  Plus, it started duplicating emails for some
reason.  So I went back to POP.  What do most people use for themselves,
and how could I use IMAP effectively without getting these weird happenings?

Also, Mozilla has an option for secure authentication, but every time I
try it on either protocol, it says the server doesn't support it.  It
seems like not many servers allow for secure email authentication.  Why
is that, and is it a security problem?

Angelo