[CLUE-Tech] Tuesday night's presentation - gentoo

Collins Richey erichey2 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 6 21:57:27 MDT 2004

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 12:52:05 -0700 (PDT)
William <bkimball1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> In my limited experience with projectors (Epson only), I have not
> found them to be OS dependant. Rather, the manual simply specifies
> tolerances for resolution, refresh rate (horiz and vert), and color
> depth.  In theory, you should be able to hook any video source to the
> feed as long as the output is within those tolerances.

Unfortunately the projector manual contains no such specs.

Per another suggestion, I plugged in a real live monitor for a test, and
the monitor can't cope with the signal the laptop is sending, either.
The laptop screen must be a lot more tolerant, because I've never had
any flickering, etc., under X.

Will try to find a better set of refresh rates.

--
 /\/\
( CR ) Collins Richey