[CLUE-Tech] Linux on Sparc: Need Media

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Jun 8 12:10:57 MDT 2004

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 19:41:25 -0600
"Jed S. Baer" <thag at frii.com> wrote:

> I have just acquired some old hardware to play with, and I'm hoping
> someone can burn me a distro.
>
> What I have are two Sun Sparc IPX boxes, with monitors. My plan is to
> bring one to the CLUE meeting on Tuesday, to give away as a door prize.

Thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions. I don't have time today
to mess these boxes any further, aside from openning one up and getting a
spec for the battery, and maybe seeing if they're still available.

Given what folks have been saying, I'm pretty close to concluding that the
fun factor is outweighed by the hassle factor. Therefore, the most likely
thing it that I'll load up the lot, and bring to the CLUE meeting this
evening.

1st crack at stuff will go to door-prize winners. After that, since Chris
was the first (only) to mention wanting a set, he gets next choice. After
that, preference will be given to those who want both a box and monitor. I
don't want to split this stuff up, unless nobody wants anything but the
monitors.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/