[CLUE-Tech] rhat 9 ftp install --> unable to retrieve netstg2.img

Jeffery Cann jc_cann at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 9 23:36:07 MDT 2004

Google was negligent in showing a solution, so I turn
to my trusted CLUEbie Nation...

I'm booting the rhat 9 install program to perform an
FTP install.  Everything is working great except the
FTP command to start the downloads.  When I flip over
to another console, I see the following error:

unable to retrieve
ftp://ftp.redhat.com//pub/redhat/linux/9/en/os/i386/RedHat/base/netstg2.img

Notice the double slash between .com and pub.  This
seems to prevent ftp from working correctly.  This is
not a typo in the FTP directory dialog -- I'm
absolutely positive that the install program is adding
data I do not enter.  But, here's what I think should
be entered (and what I have tried).

ftp server:  ftp.redhat.com
ftp directory:  /pub/redhat/linux/9/en/os/i386/

The install program appends the 'RedHat/base'
directories.  It also (stupidly) prepends the extra
slash to the directory, so even if I put in
'pub/redhat/...' I still get the same error.

This is stupid, so if someone can give me a
workaround, I appreciate it.

TIA,
Jeff

=====