[CLUE-Tech] Disappearing files

Jay Seven Ess j7s12b at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 10 10:25:31 MDT 2004

On Thursday 10 June 2004 11:51 am, Angelo Bertolli wrote:

> It happened again.  Only this time on another server.  This hints
> towards a legitimate person from the office updating the server
> accidentally deleting files.  Then again maybe not.  But I would say
> this probably isn't a case of a filesystem screw-up.  Since this has the
> potential to continue happening, are there any utilities out there which
> can monitor filesystem changes, by whom, and when?  I'm guessing this
> will have to be some sort of log that the kernel keeps.
>
> Angelo

Sorry I can't provide more info but libfam may be of interest to you.

<snip from http://packages.debian.org/stable/admin/libfam-dev >
FAM monitors files and directories, notifying interested applications of
changes.

This package provides header files and static libraries to allow the
development of programs that interface FAM for file monitoring.