[CLUE-Tech] hanging: wget -m -k -K -E http://www.<whatever>.com -o myLog

qqq1one at yahoo.com qqq1one at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 16 22:18:08 MDT 2004

ecently I was using wget to mirror a site and convert the links for
local viewing.  It retrieved all the files, appended ".html" to some
files, and then seemed to hang.  I suppose it could have been in the
middle of taking an extraordinary amount of time to convert links for
local viewing, but top said wget was sleeping every time I checked.
Any
ideas on what the problem might be?

I used

    wget -m -k -K -E http://www.<whatever>.com -o myLog

When it finished downloading all the files, it seemed to hang, and none
of the links got converted as per the -k option.

The .html extensions got added as per -E.  There were no .orig backup
files created as per -K.

I know all this because I did a

    wget -r -L  http://www.<whatever>.com

in another directory and compared the directory contents.  The only
differences were the files renamed with the ".html" extensions added
and
the additional files downloaded due to the "-m" option instead of "-r
-L".