[CLUE-Tech] new user

Collins Richey erichey2 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 17 16:04:54 MDT 2004

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:56:17 -0400
"Roy J. Tellason" <rtellason at blazenet.net> wrote:

> On Thursday 17 June 2004 11:16 am, Collins Richey wrote:
>
> > > I'm a recent Slackware convert from SuSE.
>
> > Just curious. Are you using the standard Slackware boot scripts?
> > That was the one thing I really despised when I ran Slack.
>
> What was it that you didn't like about them?

I'm used to either the SysV standard (kill and start script links) or
the more advanced gentoo (dependancy based scripts) way of doing
bootscripts. There seems to be too much in each script for my tastes.
I'm under the impression that this is the BSD style of bootscripts, but
I haven't verified that.

--
 /\/\
( CR ) Collins Richey