[CLUE-Tech] new user

Bruce Ediger eballen1 at qwest.net
Thu Jun 17 17:24:30 MDT 2004

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, Collins Richey wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:39:45 -0600 (MDT)
> "Bruce Ediger" <eballen1 at qwest.net> wrote:
> > I'm a recent Slackware convert from SuSE.
>
> Just curious. Are you using the standard Slackware boot scripts? That
> was the one thing I really despised when I ran Slack.

The only thing I've done to the boot scripts is make /etc/rc.d/rc.cups
executable, and add ntpd and upclient to /etc/rc.local

I may have a different perspective than most: I came to Linux from
NetBSD.  I ran NetBSD on several old SPARCStations for about 5 or 6
years before I ever tried Linux.  Just couldn't resist the
price/performance ratio of the WalMart PCs a few years ago.

I worked as a SunOS and Solaris programmer for years before I got
a SPARCStation to run NetBSD, so the Slackware setup isn't that
unfamiliar.