[CLUE-Tech] vsftpd question

Charles Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Thu Jun 17 20:49:12 MDT 2004

At 10:33 AM 6/15/2004 -0600, Peter Motykowski wrote:

>I recall a friend telling me about PortSentry and null-routing IPAs.  It
>seems you
>can configure it to activate an ipchains rule when certain events
>occur.  An event
>in this case could be X FTP connection requests in X seconds -> ignore
>offending IPA
>for X minutes.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

It turns out that portsentry comes with the RH 9.0 distro, although it
isn't part of the default install.  Once I made the decision to implement
it, the DOS guy apparently gave up in frustration at having no noticeable
impact. We'll still install it, but I am going to wait for the sysadmin to
come back from vacation

Charles Oriez        coriez at oriez.org
**
Save the hermetic seals.