[CLUE-Tech] sendmail query

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Jun 18 16:11:35 MDT 2004

Charles Oriez wrote:
> What little hair I have left is rapidly going.
>
> I am running a sendmail 8.12 server (RH 9.0 OS).

I'm sorry to hear that.  sendmail may be the last app that I would ever
run.  But you do have the (thick O'Reilly) book don't you?

[...]

You didn't say, but I assume you want it to say evan at illinois.example.com.

> MASQUERADE_AS(`country.example.com')
> and MASQUERADE_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/mail/local-hosts-file') are present in
> my sendmail.mc, with `/etc/mail/local-hosts-file' containing all the
> state subdomains (all of which have properly configured <afaik> MX
> records).
>
> http://www.sendmail.org/m4/masquerading.html

The way I read it, you've told sendmail to do exactly what it's doing.
So try taking illinois.example.com out of the local-hosts-file.  If the
mail then arrives the way you want you can adjust the file, or remove
the MASQUERADE_AS line.

Is that at all close?