[CLUE-Tech] sendmail query

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Fri Jun 18 16:08:53 MDT 2004

> if evan at illinois.example.com sends an email to
> coriez at colorado.example.com, it shows up in my inbox as being from
> evan at country.example.com.  I have MASQUERADE_ENVELOPE commented out.
> Same for MASQUERADE_ENTIRE_DOMAIN.
> MASQUERADE_AS(`country.example.com') and
> MASQUERADE_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/mail/local-hosts-file') are present in my
> sendmail.mc, with `/etc/mail/local-hosts-file' containing all the
> state subdomains (all of which have properly configured <afaik> MX
> records).
>
> http://www.sendmail.org/m4/masquerading.html
>
> I can't figure out what instruction I'm not following.
>
> Help

I don't understand your question/problem.  Is this specifically an issue
of sending mail via mutt or pine?  What would you like to have happen?

I think you don't want MASQUERADE_AS(`country.example.com') in there.

local-host-names simply contains the list of domain names that sendmail
will accept delivery to, and really doesn't have anything to do with the
MX record

Depending on what you want to do, you may want to use genericstable

This is the reference sheet I ususally use:
http://www.sendmail.org/virtual-hosting.html

Angelo