[CLUE-Tech] sendmail query

Charles Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Fri Jun 18 15:25:59 MDT 2004

What little hair I have left is rapidly going.

I am running a sendmail 8.12 server (RH 9.0 OS).  Server supports a number
of subdomains all on one IPA configured thusly:

country.example.com
illinois.example.com
ohio.example.com
etc

system uses the virtusertable to foward email to "real" domains, so for
instance coriez at colorado.example.com is forwarded to coriez at oriez.org

if evan at illinois.example.com sends an email to coriez at colorado.example.com,
it shows up in my inbox as being from evan at country.example.com.  I have
MASQUERADE_ENVELOPE commented out. Same for
MASQUERADE_ENTIRE_DOMAIN.  MASQUERADE_AS(`country.example.com') and
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/mail/local-hosts-file') are present in my
sendmail.mc, with `/etc/mail/local-hosts-file' containing all the state
subdomains (all of which have properly configured <afaik> MX records).

http://www.sendmail.org/m4/masquerading.html

I can't figure out what instruction I'm not following.

Help

Charles Oriez        coriez at oriez.org
**
Save the hermetic seals.