[CLUE-Tech] unable to see cdrom - debian linux,

Ryan Grow ryangrow at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 14:55:49 MDT 2004

Hi David,

Thanks for the advice - unfortunately I still can not
see the cdrom after I try the modprobe ide-cd you
specify below. The modprobe ide-cd command returns
succesfully, but the mount /cdrom command yields:

mount: /dev/cdrom is not a vaild block device

This seems suspricious since the older kernel has no
trouble reading the device.

Ryan

--- David Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:
> I would say that building and maintaining your own
> kernel is
> considerably more work than configuring the cdrom.
>
> Try this (as root):
>
> modprobe ide-cd
>
> Then if you can mount /cdrom,

 put this line in your