[CLUE-Tech] Frustrated with BIND9

William bkimball1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 17:25:02 MDT 2004

--- Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com> wrote:
> Just a total guess here, but I thought RH's BIND package ran chrooted?
> Is it trying to log into the chroot instead of your normal system logs?

I had the same thought, but this doesn't seem to be the case because:

[root at shinji /]# find ./ -name named.log

returns no matches.  The log file simply isn't being initialized, ever, even though named is
running and even answers queries (albiet some incorrectly -- which is why I'm trying to
troubleshoot) from other machines on the LAN.  Incidentally, yes, I restart named after each
config/zone change, and yes, I bump the serial numbers in the zone files as appropriate.

=====
William Kimball, Jr.
"Programming is an art form that fights back!"  =)