[CLUE-Tech] Frustrated with BIND9

Chris Schock black at clapthreetimes.com
Thu Jun 24 17:28:01 MDT 2004

Ahh, someone else ran into the same problem I had. Fedora tries to run
named in a chroot jail, but evidentally the QC slipped up here because
it's broken. Try running named without the jail and your problems will
likely disappear. Mine did.

Of course, the prudent thing would be to fix the permissions so that the
chroot jail worked correctly but I just wanted it to work and wasn't
overly concerned with security.

Hopefully this was fixed in FC2.