[CLUE-Tech] Frustrated with BIND9 -- SOLVED

William bkimball1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 22:16:55 MDT 2004

--- Chris Schock <black at clapthreetimes.com> wrote:
> Of course, the prudent thing would be to fix the permissions so that the
> chroot jail worked correctly but I just wanted it to work and wasn't
> overly concerned with security.

I dumped the factory chroot directory tree and recreated it in whole, paying better attention to
permissions and module requirements.  After a few startup attempts with an eye on syslog events, I
finally have named logging where I expect it to!

Thanks!

Now let's see if the rest of my DNS configuration does what I expect it to (now that I know where
the files are *supposed* to be located; silly Red Hat)....  :)

=====
William Kimball, Jr.
"Programming is an art form that fights back!"  =)