[CLUE-Tech] Re: [CLUE-Talk] Upcoming Oracle presentations question

Jeff Cann j.cann at isuma.org
Mon Mar 1 05:25:37 MST 2004

On Sunday 29 February 2004 10:13 pm, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:28:53 -0700
>
> Collins Richey <erichey2 at comcast.net> wrote:
> > On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:01:06 -0700
> >
> > Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com> wrote:
> > > I still want to know why they don't officially support Debian Linux.
> > > (At least the "stable" branch.)
> >
> > I didn't think Debian would have anything to do with any software that
> > isn't 100% true blue Richard Stallman favored gpl licensed open
> > software? At least they've made those noises in the past.
>
> It isn't an issue of the Debian folks endorsing Oracle, it's the other way
> 'round. Last I heard, Oracle listed RedHat and SuSe as officially
> supported platforms.

FWIW -

Which Linux Distributions Are Directly Supported By Oracle?

The following distributions are certified, and supported by Oracle:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS and ES

UnitedLinux, which includes the following products from Conectiva, SUSE, and
TurboLinux

Conectiva Linux Enterprise Edition powered by UnitedLinux

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 (SLES 8) powered by UnitedLinux

TurboLinux Enterprise Server 8 powered by UnitedLinux

+http://otn.oracle.com/tech/linux/htdocs/linux_techsupp_faq.html#Linux_Distributions

Jeff

--
http://isuma.org/