[CLUE-Tech] You threw off my groove!

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Tue Mar 2 19:08:51 MST 2004

* David L. Willson (DLWillson at TheGeek.NU) wrote:
> XMMS, or other music-player:
>
> Is there a plug-in or some such thing, that'll measure the approximate
> signal level of the next file, and make an appropriate change to the
> system or application volume before playing it?  It's annoying when

I know I have seen a couple of XMMS plugins when browsing the Debian
packages lists. Something like XMMS-norm, or the like. Ah, here they
are:

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/sound/xmms-volnorm

or

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/sound/xmms-normalize

If you don't use Debian (gasp!), you can probably track down an RPM or
the source with Google.

The first seems to read the signal level, the second seems to require
a special program called normalize that writes ID3 tags to tell it a
volume level.

HTH,

Tim
==  Vanity Page: http://tinyurl.com/vkhp    ==
== Hello_World.c: 17 Errors, 31 Warnings... ==