[CLUE-Tech] download and save rtsp?

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Thu Mar 4 15:46:36 MST 2004

Quoting Jeff Falgout <JFalgout at co.jefferson.co.us>:

> Just off the top of my head -
>
> Have you looked at netcat? If you can somehow get the remote machine
> to spew rtsp into the listening netcat process, you can pipe that input
> into
> some file (not sure what)

No, I hadn't thought of that.

The way the website works is when I click the link to the audio file, its point
me at a *.ram file, which is just a one line ascii text file that has the
rtsp:// URL in it.  Mozilla then launches the RealPlayer plugin, which
establishes the streaming audio connection with the server.

I have no idea how to interrupt or change that sequence to send the stream to a
listening netcat process...would you?

I'll do some searching. Thanks.
--
Allons Rouler!