[CLUE-Tech] Ricochet Wireless Modem and Linux

skipworthy at realivetech.com skipworthy at realivetech.com
Tue Mar 9 13:14:45 MST 2004

Hi there...

I had a ricochet modem for awhile. its good for what it is, but not great.
depending on your location, the speed is better than a 56k modem, but not
always,. and I had a problem with it getting really slow for no apparent
reason, and having to reset the modem fairly often. YMMV, but there is it.

it is possible to get it running under linux- i asked the same question here
awhile back...linux will recognize it right away, but you need to add :

mknod /dev/usb/ttyACM0 c 166 0
and configure wvdial thus:
[Dialer Defaults]
Modem = /dev/usb/ttyACM0
Baud = 115200
SetVolume = 2
Dial Command = ATDT
Init1 = ATZ
Username = b
Password = b
Phone = 3333

and run wvdial with "sudo nohup wvdial --config ~/wvdial.conf &

thats what someone gave me, and it worked. again, ymmv

Glen