[CLUE-Tech] Ricochet Wireless Modem and Linux

Garey Hoffman ghoffman at velocera.com
Tue Mar 9 14:16:17 MST 2004

SR-

I can't speak to the compatability with Linux (don't have it loaded on
my laptop right now) but I use Ricochet for connectivity on my XP-based
laptop when not in my office. I have come to love it. I have the
external (USB) Ricochet modem that has the built-in battery. I live and
work in downtown Denver and it works well here. I do find that some
residential neighborhoods with a lot of trees (specifically, near City
Park in Denver) don't have a great signal but it seems to work
everywhere else in the area that I take it. Their converage map on their
website seems to be accurate from my use. I have even used it in a
moving car.

I have found it to be very helpful when I meet a client at their
location that does not have broadband.

I do believe there are others on this list that have used Ricochet with
Linux so perhaps they can offer more advice.

I hope they start to offer other markets. I would love to travel with it.

Hope this helps,

---Garey