[CLUE-Tech] How do website authors maintain their sanity?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Mon Mar 15 11:06:39 MST 2004

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 04:06:40 +0000 (UTC)
Angelo Bertolli <angelo at freeshell.org> wrote:

> But aside from that, did you try putting in different CSS sheets
> depending on which client is connecting?

This works only if the problem is fixable using CSS. My testing so far
indicates that it isn't. IOW, I would have to serve not only different
CSS, but also different HTML, to deal with issues I've encountered. In
fact, given what I've encountered so far, the site would look different in
different browsers. Now, that is something I take as a given, but it's not
(so far anyway) within the scope of this project.

Also, given that these are static pages, the only way I know of to do
browser detection is to use JavaScript. And I object to that on principle.
The core functionality of a site should never be dependent upon
JavaScript.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/