[CLUE-Tech] Burning DVD-Rom's Under Linux

Richard Knechtel rknechte at STARBAND.NET
Sun Mar 14 08:30:18 MST 2004

For a while now I have been trying to burn DVD-Rom's (Not DVD-Video) under
Linux. I have overcome the issue of findout out I needed to have an EXT3
file system to create images bigger than 2Gig.  I have some things on
DVD-Ram (Panasonic LF-D201) that I want to put to DVD-Rom as well as data
files I want to burn from a directory to DVD-Rom.  I can create an image
using DD from the DVD-Ram, but haven't been able to get my burner (Plextor
PX-708A Dual format burner (DVD-R/+R, DVD-RW/+RW).  Does anyone know how to
do this. I have downloaded the CDRTools and the DVDRTools, and some other
stuff but haven't been able to burn a DVD-Rom yet. I was told I had to
recompile MKISOFS for large file support is this right?  I am running SuSe
8.2.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard Knechtel