[CLUE-Tech] Re: Red Hat 9 & glibc

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Mar 19 20:30:44 MST 2004

Mike Staver wrote:
> Yes, even though I was a retard and was trying to update those other
> RPMs on the wrong version of a system, I have never been able to
> actually upgrade glibc on any install I have ever tried it on.

I don't have a very high opinion of RH, but it would seem that rpm is
too low level a tool to do this.  Maybe if you could check and recheck
dependencies until you were sure nothing would fail...

But apt handles this easily on Debian and I hear that it runs on RH.  I
would expect up2date to do it too, as well as yum (but if they don't I'd
pitch them).