[CLUE-Tech] ATI card driver question

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Fri Mar 26 11:36:18 MST 2004

I believe I had that same ATI card in an intel box about 5 years ago...
I also remember having a very hard time getting it to work under linux,
even though it was supposed to be supported.  I tried many different
Xconfigs - and I ended up giving up and going with an nividia basted
TNT2, which seemed to work ok.  Probably not what you wanted to hear I'm
guessing, and maybe the machine isn't worth upgrading, but if you could
find a cheapo graphics card like a TNT/TNT2/Geforce2 MX, I think the
nvidia drivers should be pretty solid.  Although, I don't honestly know
how those types of cards would function in an Apple, but I believe Apple
sells systems with both nividia and ati products in them, so with a
little research, I'm sure you could find a cheap one on ebay that would
work if you're looking to play games in Yellow Dog.

--

                                 -Mike Staver
                                  staver at fimble.com
                                  mstaver at globaltaxnetwork.com