[CLUE-Tech] OT: Broken quoting in GroupWise [was email address hijacked by spammers]

Jeff Falgout jfalgout at co.jefferson.co.us
Wed Mar 31 14:56:53 MST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:53:22 -0700
David Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:

> Notice how badly broken the quoting on this reply was?
> (http://clue.denver.co.us/pipermail/clue-tech/2004-March/009542.html)
>
> The culprit is:

> Poor sods at Jefco are stuck with GW.  But at least they have admins
> who know Novell, which I don't ;-)
>
> In version 5.5, in-line forwards were not available, only attached
> forwards.  What a headache.  In 6.5 that was fixed but is still more
> work than it should be.
>
> Anyone know how to make GroupWise quote sanely (i.e., quote every line
>
> so you can reply in-line rather than top- or bottom- posting)?

Yeah - big PITA. Groupwise's handling of internet email is hideous.

That's why I'm testing Sylpheed against the Groupwise server. Imap and
smtp - seems to work ok. I am now getting line wrap along with quoting.
You'd think something as basic as that would be standard. Go figure . . .
Now if I can just find the spell checker in Sylpheed 0.9.10.