[CLUE-Tech] Fedora Core 1 on a 4Gig HDD?

Skipworthy skipworthy at realivetech.com
Tue May 4 13:41:48 MDT 2004

Not the answer, but...

What was the specific error, and what packages are you trying to
install?

Maybe it's not the disk but the size of the root partition?

I haven't tried Fedora yet, BUT  I'm pretty sure I put 9.0 on a 4G
drive, and I *know* I put 7.2 and a respectable collection of packages
inside a 2G partition....

I guess I thought Fedora was supposed to be pretty streamlined. Is it
possible that Fedora is really that bloated?

feh. yet another reason to get another hat...

> In booting from CD-ROM and using the GUI Anaconda to attempt a
Minimal installation of Fedora onto
> a small box with a single 4Gig HDD fails during the copy/install
phase.  The error it throws seems