[CLUE-Tech] Fedora Core 1 on a 4Gig HDD?

Michael Riversong mriversong at earthlink.net
Tue May 4 19:16:31 MDT 2004

I just had a very strange error trying to install Fedora Core on a 6G
HD.  It said "Bad Magic", and then below something like "bad address
block".  I simply gave up & installed the default SuSe 7.3 instead,
which did fine.

Fedora Core is now my absolute favorite distro.  I really like its
development tools -- they're just the right balance for my students, and
the installation routine is usually great.  An "everything" install took
well over 4G.

On Tuesday, May 4, 2004, at 01:41 PM, Skipworthy wrote:

> Not the answer, but...
>
> What was the specific error, and what packages are you trying to
> install?
>
> Maybe it's not the disk but the size of the root partition?
>
> I haven't tried Fedora yet, BUT  I'm pretty sure I put 9.0 on a 4G
> drive, and I *know* I put 7.2 and a respectable collection of packages
> inside a 2G partition....
>
> I guess I thought Fedora was supposed to be pretty streamlined. Is it
> possible that Fedora is really that bloated?
>
> feh. yet another reason to get another hat...

Michael Riversong
http://www.hippiehebraic.com/michaelriversong.html
Free Celtic harp and other gentle MP3s and radical ideas about music and
culture