[CLUE-Tech] Fedora Core 1 on a 4Gig HDD?

William bkimball1 at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 23:50:49 MDT 2004

The specific error is really quite long and listed something like 4 possible causes of terminal
install failure.  The jist was essentially not enough HDD space or a bad disk or CD-drive.  I
ruled out the bad disk with a test on three other machines (that worked fine) and I replaced the
CD drive with a trusted DVD drive.  That leaves the HDD space issue.

As for package selection, I simply select Custom, then Minimal.  In theory, I expect that to
install the Linux kernel and a logging facility.  In practice, Fedora installs a ton of stuff
including various programming languages and a bunch of RedHat-centric stuff.

=====