[CLUE-Tech] Fedora Core 1 on a 4Gig HDD?

Greg Knaddison greg at knaddison.com
Tue May 4 15:04:08 MDT 2004

William wrote:

>I'd still like to get a fundamental Fedora on this box with it's meager 4Gig HDD.  Can this be
>done?  How?

William,

This HOWTO may interest you:
http://www.simpaticus.com/linux/howto/html-single/Small-Netserver-HOWTO.html

It should work on an 800MB hard drive which leads me to believe that
there is a problem with your installation media and not with the hard
drive space.  Have you done the CD integrity test?  If so, do you know
that the CDROM works?  I've had copy/install problems that Anaconda made
sound like hard-drive problems but they were really caused by CDROM
drives that weren't working properly.  Replacing the CDROM allowed these
systems to install fully.

If you try that and it doesn't work, you could also have a hard-drive
problem (bad blocks) kind of stuff...

Greg