[CLUE-Tech] root kit checker

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Fri May 7 12:42:33 MDT 2004

Yeah, this is frustrating - I DID deny them that directory using
httpd.conf, but it kept on happening. I was completely baffeled by this.
  Per my earlier email, I denied them using both the IP I had and by the
dns name that you get by looking up the ip.  It still didn't stop them.
  They eventually stopped on their own, that's why I was not
understanding how they were able to get around my firewall and
httpd.conf settings.  Is it possible for the actual location of traffic
to be different from what my logs and everything else actually shows?

--

                                 -Mike Staver
                                  staver at fimble.com
                                  mstaver at globaltaxnetwork.com