[CLUE-Tech] root kit checker

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri May 7 09:52:52 MDT 2004

On Thu, 06 May 2004 23:34:44 -0600
Mike Staver <staver at fimble.com> wrote:

> Ah - I made an assumption that all apps would look to hosts.deny - I
> didn't realize that only xinetd apps did, my bad.

You can also deny access using your httpd.conf file.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_access.html#deny

<Directory /path/to/doc/root/or/phpbb>
  Order deny,allow
  Deny from evil.microsoft.com
  Allow from all
</Directory>

Allow|Deny also work in .htaccess files.

Or, you could use mod_rewrite to send them elsewhere, like back to
themselves.

Neither of the above would be as effective at reducing your bandwidth
usage as iptables, though.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/