[CLUE-Tech] Suse 9 on Dell Latitude

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Sun May 9 20:54:42 MDT 2004

For some odd reason, I installed Suse 9 on this Dell Latitude laptop
which has both a track pad and eraser head type mouse. It worked great
(the mouse that is) until I visited the update part of yast, downloaded
and installed all updates, and then shut it down. I turn it on a week
later, and bam, no mouse.  I have tried removing hwscan from the start
up and having gpm start when the machine boots.  For some reason, every
time it starts up, gpm doesn't start even though I enabled it in the
runlevel editor. Any ideas?