[CLUE-Tech] Finding all hard links to a file

Keith Hellman khellman at mcprogramming.com
Sat May 15 14:27:25 MDT 2004

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 02:35:11PM -0400, Angelo Bertolli wrote:
> would seem like a relatively simple thing:  just a program which when
> given a file name,  reads it's inode number, and then traverses the
> inode table looking for matches and spitting out their locations.
> However, without using find -inum,  I can't think of any quicker way.

I think your right, I would use this in my .bashrc
  function findinum() { find -inum $(ls -i "${1}"|awk '{print $2;}'); }
or set it up as a shell script if you need other scripts to invoke it.

--
Keith Hellman                             #include <disclaimer.h>
khellman at mcprogramming.com                from disclaimer import standard

"Windows is about choice - you can mix and match software and music player
stuff. We believe you should have the same choice when it comes to music
services."

-- David Fester, General Manager of Microsoft's Windows Digital Media Division
   http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/04/01/13/0158224.shtml?tid=109&tid=187