[CLUE-Tech] apt-get list

Timothy Klein teece at silverklein.net
Thu May 27 16:21:28 MDT 2004

On Thursday 27 May 2004 04:09 pm, Angelo Bertolli wrote:
> After doing an apt-get, I'd like a commandline tool which allows you to
> list the available packages (for install mostly, but also upgrade might be
> nice).  Is there a way to do this?

If I understand you correctly, apt-cache will you do what you want.

I most often do 'apt-cache search <pkg>' (accepts regex)

where, <pkg> is what I am looking for, but it will do other stuff, as well.
You can dump a list of all available packages.  But I don't think you can
filter by uninstalled or upgradable.  Aptitude sorts them that way, from any
terminal.

Tim
== Timothy Klein || teece at silverklein.net
== Vanity Page: http://tinyurl.com/vkhp
== Hello_World.c: 17 Errors, 31 Warnings...