[CLUE-Tech] Dual boot setup

skipworthy skipworthy at realivetech.com
Fri May 28 21:17:41 MDT 2004

Jeff Cann wrote:

>It's been about 7 years since I setup a dual-boot linux / windows machine.
>
>Which OS should I install first?  IIRC, it used to be windows because of the
>stupid master boot record or, maybe linux first?
>
>Jeff

Jeff- my 0010

- do whatever partitioning you want with whatever you like- it makes no
difference
- install Windows first
- Install Linux
- have a  .conf file of whatever flavor you like- lilo or grub soesn't
matter. edit it so that the bootloader sees the windows partition.

also- fwiw- I just built a win2k(fat32)/rh9 dual box, and discovered
that grub saw and already points at the FAT partition that I used this
time automatically.