[CLUE-Tech] seeking wireless card

JD. Brown brownstixzz at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 4 21:12:30 MST 2004

What are you showing under:

/etc/sysconfig/pcmcia

Is your pcmcia recognized?

&

/etc/sysconfig/networking/devices

Do you see a networking device file called ath0?

If your pcmcia is recognized and it should be. Then you may just need the driver for your card
located here:

http://madwifi.net/Install-HOWTO/Drivers/madwifi/1.SourceForge.Madwifi.Drivers/

Also here is a quick howto link for guidance. (It talks about SuSE 8.2, You can still use it for
Fedora. I.E. /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices.

I set my friends Linksys WPC55AG pcmcia card under Linux and got him going with ease.

As far as linux wifi cards that are truly compatible. Check this site out:

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/

&

http://www.linux-wlan.org/docs/wlan_adapters.html.gz

Hope this helps.