[CLUE-Tech] seeking wireless card

Jim Ockers ockers at ockers.net
Thu Nov 4 22:40:00 MST 2004

Hi BOF,

> I bought a Linksys WPC55AG 802.11a/g wireless notebook card (somewhere I
> had seen it as Linux-compatible) but, alas, it does not seem to be
> recognized by Fedora Core 2.  Has anyone been able to get this card
> working under Linux?
>
> Additionally, would anyone recommend other 802.11g wireless cards that
> are Linux friendly?

I'm not sure about your card but I've had good success with 802.11a/b/g
hardware using Atheros chipsets and the madwifi Linux driver.

www.atheros.com
madwifi.sourceforge.net

If I remember correctly.  Atheros has a page listing WLAN hardware that
they know of which contains their silicon.

--
Jim Ockers, P.Eng. (ockers at ockers.net)
Contact info: please see http://www.ockers.net/