[CLUE-Tech] Re: ssh tunnel for web access

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Fri Nov 5 10:00:40 MST 2004

I think you might be able to use stunnel:
http://www.stunnel.org/

I'm only experienced with using it for mail protocols, but maybe these
links will help you come up with a solution for HTTP:
http://www.freebsddiary.org/stunnel.php
http://novalug.tux.org/presents/stunnel/stunnel-certs.html
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.3-Manual/ref-guide/s1-email-security.html

I'm not sure how much of a VPN you need, or if you just need a secure
connection.  If you need a simple VPN set up, you can use PPP-SSH:
http://www.linux.com/howtos/ppp-ssh/index.shtml

Angelo