[CLUE-Tech] Getting There With FC2

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Nov 9 16:39:49 MST 2004

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 15:22:22 -0800 (PST)
"JD. Brown" <brownstixzz at yahoo.com> wrote:

> To add your gateway. Use this command.
>
> # route add default gw 192.168.1.1 eth0

I have no gateway. This is LAN. 2 machines, 1 hub.

> NETWORKING=yes
> HOSTNAME=Whatever!
> GATEWAY=192.168.1.1 (example)

And, on the RH8 install, I have the line:

GATEWAY=

and all is fine.

> The file etc/sysconfig/static-routes will also have to be updated so
> that when you reboot the PC, will not reinsert the route.

That file doesn't even exist on my FC2 install. I've copied it from the
RH8 /etc over to the FC2 /etc. I'll what happens.

> Your PPP chat script. Well, this one should not be any different from
> the RH version. In a nutshell.
> I talked to my friend who still uses PPP on a daily baisis, he has had
> no problems with configuring it when he made the switch from RH9 over to
> Fedora. I'm no expert with PPP and chat script editing, but I did find
> this link that may help you:
>
> http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/PPP-HOWTO/automate.html

Yeah, I've read several of those. In fact, I even wrote one a few years
ago. Thanks for your inquiries, though.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/