[CLUE-Tech] CSS Wizards?

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Fri Nov 12 10:25:47 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 07:23, Dale K. Hawkins wrote:
> I have even purchased a couple of CSS books, but I just cannot get the
> kind of layout that I want.  Can anyone recommend a really good book,
> website, or individual which/whom might be helpful for this?

Eric Meyer's on CSS:
http://www.meyerweb.com/
http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/

This guy is THE guru on the subject.  He seems to have figured out all
the cross browser silliness and his books talk about using CSS in the
form of real projects instead of real dry reference material.

If you're like me, the problem has to do with getting the box model
right across platforms.  IE does it bad in just about every release.
Firefox gets it all right as far as I can tell.  I have to fix a box
model problem in a site for one of my wife's clients this weekend.

The Zen Garden:
http://www.csszengarden.com/

If you want to see examples of how CSS can be done right, this is the
place.  Very cool site.