[CLUE-Tech] xscreensaver and xorg problems

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 14:43:05 MST 2004

I've been attempting to solve a problem for some time with
xscreenswaver (and also glxgears) crashing the X server. I'm just
curious if anyone here has seen this problem.

One user on linux-users reported that he had the problem on FC2 but
not on FC3. Could one of you FC2 users (or sufferers <g>) tell me the
versions of xorg, gcc, glibc, gtk+, and xscreensaver on FC2? My FC3
friend on linux-users doesn't have an FC2 system any more.

Has anyone here locally encountered this problem?

My gentoo system is very current on all these packages -
xorg-x11-6.8.0-r1, xscreensaver-4.16, gcc-3.4.3, glibc-2.3.4.20041102,
kernel 2.6.9. The glibc is compiled vor nptlonly (i.e. the code for
compatibility with older threading is suppressed; someone on
gentoo-user reported this as a fix for some opengl type problems.)

I have a sis650 onboard video card. Some references via google mention
problems with this driver, but I can't find anything that really
matches.

I'm revving up to run X in a gdb environment, but I thought to check here first.

TIA,

--
 Collins