[CLUE-Tech] WAP Power Supply Specs

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Mon Nov 22 17:04:08 MST 2004

I picked up a WAP at the TechAngle garage sale Saturday. It's an Addtron,
based on the Eumitcon WL11000SA-N board. From what I can find, other WAPs
also use this board, including:

  US Robotics (USR 2450)
  SMC EZconnect (2652W)
  Something from Teletronics

The problem I have is a power supply for it. Addtron apparently no longer
exists. The User's Manual I can find on the web specifies a 9VDC,1A power
supply, but not whether it's tip positive or negative. USR's product page
also specifies the same, and also fails to mention tip polarity.

Teletronics tech support says their product uses 5VDC, tip negative, but
evidence is against that.

Does anyone have a WAP using this board? If so, can you tell me what the
specs are for the power supply?

Even better, has anyone tossed a Eumitcon-based WAP, but kept the power
supply? And if so, would you be willing to part with it?

Thanks,
jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/