[CLUE-Tech] RH flavor recommendation

Chris Dos chris at chrisdos.com
Sat Nov 27 00:21:02 MST 2004

RH Advanced Server 3.0 has been rerolled into a supported free distro at:

http://www.centos.org/projects/centos

They provide rpms based on RedHat's srpms.  They are supposed to have a
24 hour reponce to new errata that RedHat releases.  There is a
dedicated team working and CentOS.

Another rerolled project is http://www.whiteboxlinux.org though from
what I've read, CentOS is more enterprise grade, while WhiteBox is more
for hobbiests.

Personally, I made the swith to Debian away from RedHat a long time ago
and I couldn't be happier.  Almost every piece of free software
imagineable is available with a simple apt-get command.  I still work
with RedHat AS on a regular basis, and it doesn't compare to Debian.  At
least, this is just my opinion.  Only been using Linux since 1993.  :)

	Chris