[CLUE-Tech] A non-synching docking PDA?

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Sat Oct 2 09:11:11 MDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 23:44, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> http://weckuptothees.blogspot.com/2004_09_26_weckuptothees_archive.html#109657648595069610
>
> Sort of an interesting concept there. I don't quite understand the point,
> exactly, but here's what this guy wants.

This doesn't make much sense.  Off loading CPU/Graphics might seem like
a good solution to go from lightweight to desktop, but the size of full
featured boards is dropping so rapidly there isn't much need for it.
Consider the Nano-ITX boards from VIA.  They lack (as far as I know) the
WiFi, but adding that in is a fairly trivial replacement for ethernet
support.  But at the width of a dollar bill, its hard to imagine needing
the cradle solution at all in a few years, except maybe to connect
directly to legacy hard drives.

And VIA actively supports Linux.

http://www.viaembedded.com/product/epia_N_spec.jsp?motherboardId=221
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |  Why do five out of four people have trouble