[CLUE-Tech] scanner recommendations

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Mon Oct 4 19:47:53 MDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 07:29:45AM -0600, Jeff Cann wrote:

> I would like to scan photos into my ever-increasing digital picture archive.
> I appreciate any suggestions on scanners, running on Linux.  This is not
> professional art, btw so cheap and effective will suffice.

I recently bought a CanoScan LiDE 30, and am pleased with it. It's not
super-fast, but it scans up to 2400x1200, is fully supported by SANE,
and is pleasingly low-profile & lightweight. It was inexpensive
too--actually it was the display model at that Best Buy store, so they
took 10% off--so you probably can't get it any more, but I think the
suceeding model, the LiDE 35, is supposed to work well too.

Haven Rock Press            Horses bear manure through
Englewood, Colorado, USA        its fields;
books at havenrock.com         When a nation ignores the Way,
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.

                            --Lao Tzu (Peter Merel, trans.)