[CLUE-Tech] Installing Knoppix

Timothy Klein teece at silverklein.net
Fri Oct 8 03:19:57 MDT 2004

On Friday 08 October 2004 02:41, dave price wrote:
> dselect is Debian's very powerful but 'somewhat
> arcane' front-end to dpkg, the Debian package manager.

dselect is an intolerable nuisance.  I can't stand that interface. I
have always done just fine with apt, and never gotten any kind of
valid reason as to why it is no good compared to dselect.

I also use aptitude now, which isn't perfect but far, far better than
dselect.  I more or less like it.  If GUIs are your thing, there is
synaptic (is that what it is called?) that is a front end for
aptitude in GTK.  I tried it, but it wasn't worth it for me.

Tim
== Timothy Klein || teece at silverklein.net
== Vanity Page: http://tinyurl.com/vkhp
== Hello_World.c: 17 Errors, 31 Warnings...