[CLUE-Tech] Looking for GUI download manager

Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier xonker at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 06:32:12 MDT 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:19:47 -0600, George Gammel <ggammel1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have a Windows program I use called GetRight.  It lets me put in a text
> file a list of URL's to download and the filename to save each to.  I can
> also set a schedule to do a daily download of this this.  I'm using this for
> downloading web based pages containing daily commodities market prices.  I'm
> trying to find something in Linux to do this same function.

Have you tried KGet? (http://kget.sourceforge.net/) I think it would
probably do what you're looking for, and should be included with most
recent distros that bundle KDE. I'm sitting at a Mandrake 10.1 machine
at the moment, and it was part of the default install. It also
integrates with Konqueror, which can be pretty handy.

I usually prefer wget, but I can see why some folks might prefer the
GUI version...

Best,

Zonker
--
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, doctor, and I'm happy
to state I finally won out over it." ~ Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey"