[CLUE-Tech] Network problem with FC2 (2.6.8-1.521 kernel) on Dell D600 laptop

Carl Schelin co_bofh at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 22 15:09:07 MDT 2004

How are you downloading? You mention web pages. One
problem I've had with ftp is a firewall timeout. The
control session idles while the stream session
continues the transfer. The firewall kills the control
session due to the idle and the transfer fails. The
problem showed up because of overnight jobs failing
but I'd seen it on my own transfers and the session
would hang up for quite some time before the stream
session'd time out.

It was just the ftp session since it has two open
connections, so it may not be what you're looking for.

Carl